Saturday 6 February 2010

The Plan

I have been dithering about this for a while now and it's time to commit. In the summer of 2010 the plan is to cycle from Land's End to John o' Groats, knees permitting. I have bought myself a new touring bike frame, a Surly Long Haul Trucker in Truckaccino Tan. I have acquired the various bits and bobs, mainly Shimano XT components (rapid-fire shifters etc), a Brooks B17 saddle, Modolo Yuma Traveller handlebars and my club mate Craig from Hardie Bikes is sorting me out a pair of touring wheels. Just got the build the thing! Photos to follow and possibly lots of swear words.
I have figured out most of the route, pretty much following the CTC bed and breakfast route until I get to Scotland, then I'll sort myself out when back on home soil.
My biggest worry at the moment is whether my knees will hold out for two weeks on the bike. Soon going to find out.

My song for today: The Beach Boys - Wouldn't It Be Nice

No comments:

Post a Comment